Monday, July 26, 2010

Familia



Tonight as I muddled through the 6pm class I thought about how the 6pm regulars are kind of like a strange surrogate family:

The Businessman is the friendly stoic father figure
Mr Profanity is the eternal frat boy uncle who rides a Harley
The Gourmet Queen is the older sister who you cant wait to see and talk to
Aunt Dorothy is um, just like my Aunt Dorothy
The Seashell Man is the uncle who occasionally lifts his nose from a philosophy book to smirk at you
And Gumby, Gumby is the uncle who used to torment you till you cried
Also I realized even in a class of three hundred people, and even our every day environments, if you think of each person as an individual and as someone who is part of your life (because everyone, like or not is) they become like family, people you love for who they are, and just accept because its what you're supposed to do. You may find things that drive you crazy about any one, but in the end "WE... ARE... FAM-I-L-E". This realization is a bit farther into the whole dirty hippy, peace, love, bla bla gig than I ever thought I would ever buy into, but as the Metal Yogi said this morning "I am drinking the Kool Aid".

Since I royally screwed up my challenge, I have to figure out what to do next, and refocus. The advanced class is now the one big thing I look forward to every week, and now there is Triple Tuesday AND Triple Friday. I was joking with aunt Dorothy tonight that I need to get a life, so I wont be at Bikram so much, but I really cant imagine a better life than the one I have found the center of inside that hot little room.

No comments:

Post a Comment