Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Shoe Fairy, Thank You Gifts, Friends


Today I got two pairs of beautiful amazing shoes from a lady in my class who I will call The Shoe Fairy (she is more like a bad ass/diva/new yorker/yogi/ with amazing taste and humility, but that dosnt exactly roll off the tongue). I am not usually really excited about shoes but these are amazing, and they fit perfectly, and now, I have to find many excuses to go out and wear them. I suddenly realized I have many many people to thank these days, in the last few months I have received so much support and goodwill and gifts and encouragement and praise and on and on, that I am frankly overwhelmed and a little embarrassed. I spent all class thinking of ways to thank people, like giving them cards, disco tickets, any children I may ever have, swearing to never stand them up again, but really, there are a few people to whom a card or a gift will never convey the extent of my gratitude.

I was talking to my friend today about moving to Panama after I finish my masters, and I realized, when I originally came up with the plan to go there, I was going to get away from here, or what I thought was here. I hated Sarasota and all the fake people and all the hypocrisy, and now I realize I was leaving to get away from my own unhappiness(and some of the people). Now, when I leave, I will miss Sarasota and many, many people in it, so while I'm here, I am going to enjoy every moment of it and every one of my friends. Part of me is even looking for a reason to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment