Tuesday, May 18, 2010


Let today forever be known as Triple Tuesday. Today, on this Triple Tuesday I touched my forehead to the floor!!!! No one applauded, no one yelled my name from the top of a mountain, but damn if beautiful amber waves of nausea didn't sweep down from the very heavens above carried on the wings of technicolor angels and steal my forehead touching the floor thunder. Today for each of my three classes I was blessed with a pollen tumor behind my right eye socket. It is still there as we speak, I know I talked chickens (this is kind of like talking turkey, but entirely different), I know I whined about my headache, I know I talked about school, and I know I peeled most of the top 2 layers of my facial epidermis off some time during those four and a half hours, and I planted stuff in the garden, and did homework, but mainly I know I touched MY FOREHEAD TO THE FLOOR!!! This may not seem like a big deal but when you have been straining and stretching for over a year to do this and you finally accomplish it, it is pretty monumental. So, I am going to celebrate, by going to bed early and dreaming of developing callouses on my forehead from spending too much time with it pressed on the floor.
Today I touched my forehead to the floor, and really that was all I care about that happened on today, this Triple Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I like how your words flow. If touching your head to the floor today was the most important thing to you. Then congrads on your accomplishment....

    ReplyDelete