Monday, May 10, 2010

Today's out of body experience


People always talk about out of body experiences like they are rare and wondrous things. Fact is they aren't, we all have them all the time, they stem from a lack of focus. Today I had a major one in the 10 am class. I began class feeling good, focused, optimistic etc. and then I started thinking about my unfinished term paper due tonight, and Botox and how I would never get any, except maybe in those creases in my forehead, and about how I cant for the life of me remember the name of that lady I saw the other night who had way too much Botox, and about the ex boyfriend I had who was in love with that blond lady who was married to the Botox doctor, and how bad I needed a pedicure, and what to write about in my blog today, and about how bad I am with names, and how you should never name a farm animal if you plan on eating them, and a few other things. Next thing I know class is almost over, I have been on auto pilot the whole time and I only have two postures left to go. Trouble is, the rest of the class had three left to go... I am pretty sure I tuned back in in the nick of time, as I corrected my posture the lady next to me gave me one of those "Yea, honey it's OK" smiles, and the instructor seemed to emphasize the name of the posture we were in just for my benefit. I guess it could have been worse, but it made me think about a speech I heard the other day on cell phone use and how it keeps us distracted from where we are and who we are with.
So I guess the idea is that focus allows you be fully present wherever you are, and to experience, enjoy, and,love who you are, where you are, and who you are with, because right now we are not any where else, or any one else, or with any one else, and if you miss now, you can never get it back...

No comments:

Post a Comment