Friday, May 21, 2010

The New Happy Hour


Bikram says that all sports and exercise trash and injure the body and that yoga restores it... Well, Wednesday I went to boot camp and then swam the next morning and then went to Bikram, and then I got out of bed today, kind of. I was so sore I skipped the 10 and almost skipped the 4. It was incredibly hard, but, it did make me feel much better. I also wore my contacts to class today. I usually take them out before class, I am near sighted and it helps me focus, otherwise I would be watching everyone else. Today with my little eye I spied a girl right behind me who looked like me, ten years ago and fifteen pounds lighter, with a better tan. Needless to say I had a major moment of thankfulness that I had come to Bikram instead of sitting at a bar at Happy Hour making myself older and weaker. Later as I lay on the floor, not listening to a word Tom was saying, I thought of all the mistakes and disappointment that got me to this point in my life, and how thankful I am for what every single one of them taught me, and how thankful I am to be right here in this hot ass room lying on a towel soaked with my own sweat on a Friday afternoon while every one else I know is at happy hour.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely in tune with your mind,body and soul.This is a good thing to achiveve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't know as I am fully there, but I am working on it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah grasshopper, but you WERE at happy hour...happy houar AND a half

    ReplyDelete