Monday, May 24, 2010

Magic Shirts, rednecks, and 13 year olds


Today I learned that the clothes (or more specifically the way clothes can make you feel) do truly make the yogi.
I got a new shirt, its pretty, its comfy, but, most importantly it doesn't inch up when you bend over, it doesn't twist around when you twist around, and it just doesn't move period. This may not seem like a big deal, but, it is amazing. Today was my best practice yet by far, and I owe it all to a wonderful new shirt (maybe not entirely, but you get the point). I also got what may be one of the most accurate and flattering descriptions of myself I have ever heard today. A close friend told me I was 1/3 redneck, 1/3 scholar, and 1/3 yogi. I almost wanted to cry, and here I thought no one understood me. There was a 13 year old kid in class today who did an awesome job for his first time, and I had a moment when I wished my parents had done things like take me to yoga as a little kid, and then I realized there was a reason they didn't, because it wasn't my time to go, now is.
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha, this is where I write in defense of the unitard - as close as it gets to practicing in my birthday suit. It is perfect to absent your mind from whatever your clothing is doing. Your blog convinces other Bikram enthusiasts that they are not nuts. Keep on keeping on, and enjoy your 3 today. ~ Dee

    ReplyDelete